Monday, October 4

A new sign

We have a new sign on our front door. Lovely, huh? Well, it is a lot better than our last one that I hand wrote with a marker and that completely faded out from the sun so much that it was just a piece of white paper. The last couple weeks the solicitors have come back, and I thought our front screen door with sprinkler water stains and bars on it would be enough to scare away any solicitors, but apparently not.
Hopefully since I printed it this time with archival inks it won't fade as quickly as my last notice. It is nice though, right? I even added thank you to the bottom.
I have to say though, I felt bad when two girls from the neighborhood came by a couple hours after I put the sign up, and by the time I got to the door they were walking away. They apologized and said they didn't see the sign. I didn't really think about it stopping kids from selling things for their school, so, I bought a "real simple" magazine subscription from them. I've been wanting that magazine for awhile now anyway :) But, if it were someone selling carpet cleaning or security systems, I wouldn't have done it!



If you don't like solicitors and are too cheap to go to the store and buy a sign, feel free to print off this 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and hang it on your door. Just click on the image below to enlarge it, then right click and save to your desktop and print from there (just cut out the color preference you want, four will print on one page). I made the text the right size to fit in-between the bars on my front screen/glass door, but hopefully it will work for you too.


5 comments:

  1. Dangit!!! I just bought a no soliciting sign. I totally used to have one written in marker, so ugly :) But it worked;) I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I just found it through a Google search and think it's the nicest one out there. Ready to print now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for providing a well designed and FREE sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide something back and aid others such as you helped me. Sign Up Page

    ReplyDelete